New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How to transfer Mac O s X On To Another Mac

Thread Closed

Mac OS X User

Mac OS X User is on a distinguished road

Hi, I have an powermac g3 with mac os x tiger installed and an imac g3 with mac os x 10.0 installed. I would like to copy mac os x tiger onto my imac g3 so that my imac g3 got mac os x tiger on it.

I DO NOT HAVE ANY ORIGINAL MAC OS X INSTALL DISCS

Jamie
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

Then you need to get a disc. One license, one computer - unless you get the family pack. We're not going to assist, what is in essence, pirating.

If you would like a great free OS, am sure there are many flavors of Linux out that would run admirably on that old machine.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.

Thread Closed

« Kernel Panics after Updates 10.6.5+ | Newb Programming Question »