New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

office x for mac entourage 2gb limit

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lsyoung

lsyoung is on a distinguished road

Operating office x on mac OSX 10.4.11 It has reached it's 2GB limit and crashed. I have rebuilt the database from quite an old version and have lost information in the process.
I still have the 2GB database stored, is there any way i can access the this?

please help!
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

I haven't used office X in quite some time, but isn't there a separate file under the identity for 'saved attachments'? If so, I'm wondering what would happen if you moved any files from that folder to a folder outside of your office identities?

If you've used up 2GB of space, I would assume a bulk of that is eaten up with attachments that you have sent/received but never deleted.

Just a thought.
QUOTE Thanks
lsyoung

lsyoung is on a distinguished road

thanks for your response. I will give it a whirl and see!
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsyoung View Post
thanks for your response. I will give it a whirl and see!
I hope it works, but one thing to keep in mind, ALL of your attachments don't appear in 'saved attachments'. I believe it's only those you've edited and saved. One thing you might want to do is navigate to documents/microsoft user data/office x identities/main identity/database and check on the size of the actual *database* file. If it's at or over 2GB, you may be in for a rough ride. I'm not sure there's any way to pull info out of that file itself. Someone with a better understanding of entourage/office x will have to answer that one.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« 'smoke' process making cpu run overtime. | magiccammac errors »