New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

keyboard stops from booting after software upgrade from apple

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

n4cmu

n4cmu is on a distinguished road

imac 25 inch
2.66 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
version 10.6.8

After doing a software update yesterday (june 23 2011) I got a error when Imac tried to reboot that I needed to turn power off and the turn power back on (in 4 languages) over and over until I disconnected my Ihome Iconnect media keyboard made by www.iife-works.com model IH-K231MS Boots fine with apple keyboard . Everything was fine 2 mins b4 upgrade ... Could be apple didn't check latest upgrade with all (made for apple products) come on don't start being like microsoft aplle !!!!!! Macauthority I know will be of no help

Ken B
QUOTE Thanks
n4cmu

n4cmu is on a distinguished road

Update email received from life-works tech

"Quote""Hi Ken,

We are sorry for the inconvenince and this is the very recent issue that we are facing from the customers, so we request you to please be patient while we upgade the drivers for the customer.

Thanks and Regards,
Jeff
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Whenever you have other than Apple hardware attached, you should always go back to the manufacturer first for assistance - especially for drivers. As you have learned, it sometimes takes a while for hardware providers to catch up with the latest updates from Apple.
QUOTE Thanks
bsnyder240

bsnyder240 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem yesterday when I restarted after installing the Snow Leopard OS update. Luckily I saved my original IMAC keyboard. Now trying to decide if I should buy a replacement keyboard or wait for the ihome driver update...
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Java doesn't works | USB webcam malfunction »