New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Question About Images

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kawilady

kawilady is on a distinguished road

When I clicked on "Images" and all of my images came up, I noticed a lot of icons and such that I didn't recognize. Some were blocks of colors, flags, icons, and some were photos that I have never seen before.
Should I delete all these things or are they an integral part of my operating system?

Thank you in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Clicked on images where? Which application? Or are you referring to images that are located in the Pictures folder under your user name?

In any event, it's best not to delete any images until you find out what they belong to. That's why we need some idea of where exactly these images are located.
QUOTE Thanks
kawilady

kawilady is on a distinguished road

I posted this question a few days ago but no one responded and I can't find the original question.

The other day I clicked on "Images" in Finder looking for a particular photo.
While scrolling, I saw a lot of strange images, icons, blocks of various colors, photos that look like they came from the Internet but I didn't put them there.
I also saw many different kinds of flags and all sorts of odd images.

Should I delete these or leave them alone?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Your original post is here. You can always find your original post by searching for your user name and the post. Your original question has been replied to.
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

The answer to the OP's actual question is "yes, those are integral parts of your system and apps and you should not remove them."

The "All Images" folder in the finder sidebar is not a folder at all -- it's an instant search of your entire hard drive to find (literally) all the images, no matter where they are or what they are part of. So the flags, for example, are probably the flags OS X itself uses to identify what language has been chosen as the default.

Again, leave them alone. Because the "All Images" folder is not really a folder, it also can't be managed like a folder. If you remove things from it, they will actually be removed from the real place they are actually stored -- even inside programs -- and this WILL cause havoc and data loss, so again ... leave it alone.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help I think I am being hacked | How to synch MacBook and iMac in same household »