New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

copy image address

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

negativepitch

negativepitch is on a distinguished road

sorry if this is the wrong section...being new to macs I wanted to copy an image address of a photo on ebay to post on a forum, on windows right click etc, but I cant seem to find anything to copy the image address on the mac, right clicking either gives me copy link or view source etc ?
cheers for any help
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

This depends on the browser. In Chrome, you can right click and select "Copy Image URL." What browser are you using?

EDIT: Safari - "Copy Image Address"; Firefox - "Copy Image Location"; Opera - "Copy Image Address"

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
negativepitch

Im using bog standard google.....on some sites I can right click and copy image address
but on ebay I don't get it...strange..Im using safari
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

I've seen this before and can't explain the technical aspects of it but the page is coded in such a way to prevent people from saving the pictures in items up for bid.

Why not just link people to the bid?

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Writing a Quality Post
QUOTE Thanks
negativepitch

yep thats what I have been doing, looks like I'll have to leave it at that,
cheers for the help and advice anyways.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativepitch View Post
sorry if this is the wrong section...being new to macs I wanted to copy an image address of a photo on ebay to post on a forum, on windows right click etc, but I cant seem to find anything to copy the image address on the mac, right clicking either gives me copy link or view source etc ?
cheers for any help
If I understand what you're trying to do.....

That's an eBay restriction which has been in effect for quite some time. You are not allowed to copy any images or image URL from eBay. It's for the protection of the seller and eBay.
QUOTE Thanks
indychris

indychris will become famous soon enough

I haven't tried it with ebay, but there could feasibly be a workaround if you view the source of the webpage and do a text search for '.jpg' (assuming that most images on ebay are jpeg's). Locate the url that you think relates to the image you want, copy that address and paste it in your browser bar and see if it pulls up just the image. Again, don't know if it works with ebay, but I've used it at other times and often does the trick.

EDIT: I just tried with a picture of a flashlight from an ebay listing. If the image shows up below, then it may work for you.

Now that all that's said and done, I still think that copying the link is likely the best route.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time machine backup transfer from G4 to i3 - problems! | Search for files created on a certain date »