New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Downloading, memory issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ThePKNess

ThePKNess is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble downloading files because Safari is saying I don't have enough memory on my hard drive. However I have 65.7 GB free, the file is actually only 2.45 MB so I'm not sure why this is occurring it's also not just one download I tried another version of the file and it would not work either. If it helps I'm running Mac OSX Leopard version 10.4.11 and the file type is .exe
Also I was able to download Software earlier today, my internet connection hasn't changed and should work fine, I can surf the web freely so thats not a problem. I've also scanned for virus's, trojans etc with multiple utilities.
Please get back to me.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

First thing i would try is if you have FireFox to try and download something from that.
If you havnt got FireFox then in Safari click Safari in the Menu Bar then Down to Reset Safari and also Empty Cache. If neither of those work Repair Permissions via Disk Utility. When Disk Utility is open click on YourHD in the left column then the First Aid Tab. Then down the bottom of that window is the Repair Tab. Click it and sit back and wait, Dont worry about what comes up in the log, but when finished restart or log out then back in. See if it is any better now.

HTH

Cheers

Oh and welcome to the forum

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

And unless you have Windows, that .exe file is going to do you no good whatsoever.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
Boosted_Brian

Boosted_Brian is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8GB Ram, 750GB HD, Hi-Res AG screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePKNess View Post
Hello everyone,
I'm having trouble downloading files because Safari is saying I don't have enough memory on my hard drive. However I have 65.7 GB free, the file is actually only 2.45 MB so I'm not sure why this is occurring it's also not just one download I tried another version of the file and it would not work either. If it helps I'm running Mac OSX Leopard version 10.4.11 and the file type is .exe
Also I was able to download Software earlier today, my internet connection hasn't changed and should work fine, I can surf the web freely so thats not a problem. I've also scanned for virus's, trojans etc with multiple utilities.
Please get back to me.
Just out of curiosity.... when you finally resolved your problem, what did you plan on doing with the windows executable file on your mac?

Second, if you are using a safari inside of a virtual PC many times you limit the amount of space files inside of that virtual PC can take up. In my case windows 7 can only have 60GB of storage on my hard drive. Once that is reached it makes no difference if there is 100GB left of free space on the entire drive.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
And unless you have Windows, that .exe file is going to do you no good whatsoever.
2coffee's later, and i dont know how i missed that. lol Good pick up Bob

@OP if you cant dl any other files that are not windows my post above should help.
As bobtomay pointed out that i somehow over looked, is you cant open a windows file on a Mac OS. Just cant be done.

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
ThePKNess

ThePKNess is on a distinguished road

@TattoedMac Thanks for that it now works
@bobtomay/Boosted Brian Ah I didn't know that, either way I can download things now so the problem is fixed
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« downloading files in OS X | Automator: Having trouble converting multi-page TIFF to PDF »