New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

audio support

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rdsii64

rdsii64 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if this goes here. Mods please put it in the right place.
I have this weird dialog box that pops up and says that some kind of audio support kext file isn't installed properly. Everything on my computer works like it should. I don't have any applications that fail to function properly. I tried to copy and paste the exact msg. the next time it comes up I will again or write it down if I have to.

please advise
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Without the specific wording, it's very hard to advise. Hope you can get the wording written down, then we can be of more help.
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

Have you installed a program called "Spin Doctor" recently? I believe it was part of some versions of Toast. If I remember correctly something about that program's installation caused that error or a similar one.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks
rdsii64

rdsii64 is on a distinguished road

I have enclosed the actual msg I keep getting. Yes my version of Toast 10 Titanium has spin doctor installed.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/CDSDAduioCaptureSupport.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the products vendor for an update
QUOTE Thanks
Slydude

Slydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant futureSlydude has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro 10.8,3 8 GB mem, 2.66 GHz Mac Pro - Dead, iPhone 4

I thought so. That message drove me nuts for a while as well. MacWorld talked about this a bit recently for these types of files in general. Dealing with incompatible extensions | Mac OS X | Mac 911 | Macworld. Their general suggestions seem to be the same as the ones I have seen other users try to fix this file.

1. Some have had success by making sure Toast 10 is up to date. The latest version of Toast 10 is I believe 10.0.8. I have not tried Toast 11 yet to see if the error persists,

2. Updating permissions has fixed the problem for some.

As a last resort you could trash this file if you do not use Spin Doctor.

Sylvester Roque Former Contributing Editor About This Particular Macintosh

"Got Time to breathe. You got time for music." Denver Pyle as Briscoe Darling
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Slow startup after system restore | Upgrading from Mac OS X »