Mac Forums

Mac Forums (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/)
-   OS X - Operating System (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/)
-   -   Problem with finder in MBP (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/241686-problem-finder-mbp.html)

donisback 06-17-2011 11:56 PM

Problem with finder in MBP

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,
I have recently bought MBP. I've installed the software - ntfs-mounter on my Mac. This software basically writes into NTFS volumes. I have plugged in my external hard disk which is NTFS partitioned. For some folders, I don't find the files in the finder.
I don't know why. But, I'm able to find the files in the terminal. I could find all the files in the terminal.

I also checked, if the filenames had a "." in the beginning. The filenames are not hidden and do not have "." in the beginning.

Request your help in the same.
I've attached both the screenshots - one screen shot which shows the list of files in the finder(none), the other which shows files in the terminal.

Thanks

Lifeisabeach 06-18-2011 12:03 AM

NTFS-Mounter enables the unsupported feature of Snow Leopard to write to NTFS volumes. That shouldn't affect your ability to find files in Finder though. Why you are having the problem, I cannot say since I have no idea what those files are named. Try disabling NTFS-Mounter and see if you can now locate the files with Finder. If you can, you have your answer.

donisback 06-18-2011 12:26 AM

I had to plug it out and plug it in back. I could then see the files. I wasn't able to unmount my external hard disk.
Thanks for your help.

Lifeisabeach 06-18-2011 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donisback (Post 1254335)
I had to plug it out and plug it in back. I could then see the files. I wasn't able to unmount my external hard disk.
Thanks for your help.

Interesting you couldn't unmount it. I would very seriously just disable and remove NTFS-Mounter and grab Tuxera NTFS instead. It's free to try, and it'll continue to work past the trial, but write speeds will be a little slower. That should only prove to be a problem with very large batches of write operations.

donisback 06-18-2011 10:35 PM

Tuxera NTFS doesn't allow me to paste after the trial period. As soon as I plug my external hard disk, I get the message- "Your 15 day trial has expired. Please purchase a product key to continue using Tuxera NTFS for Mac, or uninstall the product "
hence, I'm using ntfs-mounter.

Lifeisabeach 06-19-2011 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donisback (Post 1254756)
Tuxera NTFS doesn't allow me to paste after the trial period. As soon as I plug my external hard disk, I get the message- "Your 15 day trial has expired. Please purchase a product key to continue using Tuxera NTFS for Mac, or uninstall the product "
hence, I'm using ntfs-mounter.

Interesting. I was using it for a few months with no such issues. I don't have Boot Camp installed at the moment… I wonder if they changed something with the latest versions.