New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iphone cannot connect internet via internet sharing on MacBookPro

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bilbilbo

bilbilbo is on a distinguished road

I connect my Macbook Pro to the internet using ethernet cable usually, and set up internet sharing via Airport, so that my iPhone4 and kindle can access internet via my Macbook network. it had worked fine before.

Until recently, my iPhone suddenly cannot access to the internet using this method.
it can still detect my macbook in the Wi-Fi page, it can still connect to the Wi-Fi (the little WiFi fan icon still shows up in the top bar), but cannot connect to the internet.

The IP address I obtain now is 169.254.xxx.xxx, and subnet mask is 255.255.0.0, and no information is shown for router, DNS etc.

I tried with my kindle and it still works. I also tried using other's iphone to connect, it also works, so apparently is not my macbook problem but my iphone.

I already tried "forget this network" , reset my network setting on my iphone, and also restore the entire phone.

But it still doesn't work.

it had worked before without any problem until suddenly it stops working.

Anyone has any advice? Desparately need help!

Thanks!!!

My iPhone4 is running on iOS 4.3.3 (8J2), MacBook Pro 13", Mac OS X (10.6.7)
QUOTE Thanks
DaveGadgeteer

DaveGadgeteer is on a distinguished road

I have the same symptoms. Very frustrating, traveling now and iPhone is cut off because of this problem.
QUOTE Thanks
DaveGadgeteer

DaveGadgeteer is on a distinguished road

My iPhone sees the airport connection, but says "not connected to Internet", so it seems the Macbook isn't forwarding the packets properly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problems Reinstalling Tiger/Leopard on A1181 Macbook | Mac help »