New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

error while updating to 10.6.7

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Sparrow7

Sparrow7 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini 2.0ghz, 4gb

hello, i have a mac mini and recently got a software error, no big deal just reinstalled the osx. now, when i want to update the software programs like itunes and such updated okay, but the os itself not. It stays at 10.6 and when i'm updating, it downloads the update but while it's installing it give's an error and i need to restart again but stays in 10.6. i tried standalone update from apple site, but it gives me an error, it says something went wrong while downloading every time. I even tried older updates(10.6.2 and the likes) but give the same error.
can somebody please help me!
thank you very much, Sparrow.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Try the combo update for 10.6.7. Download from here.
QUOTE Thanks
Sparrow7

Sparrow7 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Mac mini 2.0ghz, 4gb

thanks, i already tried that download but it gives this error: safari error domain1
any more suggestions?
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

Have you downloaded Chrome at all as there are reports it does all sorts of odd things with this Domain error? Next suggestion download Firefox and try the Combo Updater again.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/ind...owtopic=214088

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Beach Head | How to open window files created in Excel »