New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

US Bank Online Deposit/ not finding my Epson TWAIN scanner driver

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rtb9

rtb9 is on a distinguished road

Wondering if anyone else has US Bank and has experienced this or has experienced it elsewhere...

US Bank now offers online deposit via a scanner. Their site searches your computer for a scanner driver that is TWAIN compatible. I have an EPSON Stylus NX420 all-in-one, which should meet their TWAIN requirement, and I have the "image capture" software for the scanner installed and updated. But the Bank site does not recognize it or something and says it finds nothing compatible. It does find an old HP driver that i still had installed for my old all-in-one that I no longer own. I also tried installing VueScan, which did not help. I tried it in Safari and Firefox.

Not sure if this could be a mac compatibility issue or if it is the Epson software that is not compatible with the bank's site? Or, do I need to download some other TWAIN driver or something beyond "image capture"? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Not sure if this could be a mac compatibility issue or if it is the Epson software that is not compatible with the bank's site? Or, do I need to download some other TWAIN driver or something beyond "image capture"? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I have that same all in one printer which I received for free when I purchased the new iMac for our business. There is a Twain compatible driver that's installed if your ran the OS X installation for the printer.

However, it's likely your bank's software does not recognize the Mac driver. Some banks or financial institutions do not provide on line banking for Mac users. You will need to contact someone at the bank and ask about it.
QUOTE Thanks
secanyon

secanyon is on a distinguished road

I have the exact same problem. I would love to know if you found the trick!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

See my reply right above yours. Until banks realize that not everyone uses a Windows computer to access their on line banking options, you'll just have to use another method. My bank, (Wells Fargo) does provide access for Mac machines as well as Windows.
QUOTE Thanks
secanyon

secanyon is on a distinguished road

After hours of asking around from tech support from Apple and Epson with no resolve. I got this message in an email today.

I apologize for the delayed response.

Our Deposit Point feature is designed to work on 32-bit Java only. Currently MAC OS 10.7 is only set to run at 64-bit Java.

I understand and apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.
Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns I may address.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Like I said above..... However, more banking institutions are realizing that not everyone is on a Win machine and have been making adjustments. Ask them to update their software to accept 64 bit Java.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Macbook 7.1 Power Save / mini-display port problem in running Windows 7 64 bits | i can't open idisk »