New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

transferring emails form PC to MAC

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rickyroldan

rickyroldan is on a distinguished road

Hi There!

Anyone can help me for transferring emails from PC entourage or outlook to mail or outlook in MAC?

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

The easiest and fastest way is to purchase "O2M" from here. The $12.95 cost is well worth it as it will save you considerable time over doing it another way.

And... please do not cross post. Always post to one forum and continue to reply to the original thread. Your cross post will be removed. Thanks for understanding.
QUOTE Thanks
rickyroldan

Thank you very much for the info.
is there another way?
QUOTE Thanks
~Craig~

~Craig~ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyroldan View Post
is there another way?
I'm about to embark on the same thing when my MBP turns up tomorrow. I've seen another way where you install thunderbird mail client on you windows machines to import everything from outlook. You then copy a folder from the PC to the Mac and select an option to import thunderbird file within Apple Mail.

The problem i've got is that within Outlook 2010 alot of my mail is archived to the NAS box so i'll probably have to bring it all back into the mailbox first....
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
is there another way?
Yes there is, but it's a bit complicated and may wind up being a lot of work with the possibility of losing email messages. The post by member craig suggesting the use of Thunderbird is the "other way".
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mini_mi is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

it's not that hard. Go into your current outlook and open the accounts item. Find the listing for the data file. Should be a file with the extension .pst. Copy the .pst file to your new Mac. In outlook for Mac go to file>import. Select the .pst file. All your mail should be imported.
The above steps worked for me just fine.
QUOTE Thanks
rickyroldan

Thanks, Mini mi
i tried but i can't see .pst file
can you give me the path?
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Mac Specs: 2011 MacBook Air, i5 27" IMac, 2010 21.5" IMac, 2010 Mini, 2011 13" MBP, IPhone 4, Airport Extreme

should show you the path in outlook when you click on the data file tab. make sure you have the setting enabled that shows extensions in windows explorer.
QUOTE Thanks
rickyroldan

The Data could not be imported. this outlook data file is saved in ANSI format, which cannot be imported by outlook for mac

this is the exact error when im trying to import form pc to mac outlook
QUOTE Thanks
chas_m

chas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond reputechas_m has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2009 MBP, Black speakers, Black Benq second monitor, black(ish) iPhone 5s, Black 2012 iPad, etc.

Aaand THIS is why I have pretty much given up on Microsoft.

I mean, seriously. This is people trying to move information from one Microsoft e-mail program to another Microsoft e-mail program. It's NUTS that this doesn't "just work."
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas_m View Post
Aaand THIS is why I have pretty much given up on Microsoft.

I mean, seriously. This is people trying to move information from one Microsoft e-mail program to another Microsoft e-mail program. It's NUTS that this doesn't "just work."
More Microsoft bashing chas? Give us a break.....

It works when you use the right method. In this case the OP doesn't want to spend $12.95 for O2M which makes the job so much easier.

Maybe it "should" just work out of the box, but it doesn't. There are likewise things Apple does that should just work out of the box but doesn't. You live with it or work around it. Bashing doesn't do anyone any good. Certainly not here where our function is to help people, not bash this or that.
QUOTE Thanks
Mini_mi

Quote:
The Data could not be imported. this outlook data file is saved in ANSI format, which cannot be imported by outlook for mac

this is the exact error when im trying to import form pc to mac outlook
Hmm, sounds to me like you saved the .pst file in ansi format? You should actually just copy it to your Mac (documents folder). What version of outlook are you copying from and to?
QUOTE Thanks
rickyroldan

I have also another question, how to put image link on my mail signature
QUOTE Thanks
rickyroldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_mi View Post
Hmm, sounds to me like you saved the .pst file in ansi format? You should actually just copy it to your Mac (documents folder). What version of outlook are you copying from and to?
from windows outlook 2002 to mac outlook 2011
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Emptying trash | Reanamed user account - old name shows in authentication box »