New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

safari dosnt work in panther?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

soup

after i installed panther and cleaned up the mess i made in my pants i found that i am no longer able to use safari, after removing it and downloading it again the installl program tells me that its not compatable with my system wtf??

any help would be much appreciated

thanks
soup
QUOTE Thanks
Murlyn

Murlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to allMurlyn is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2

I don't have Panther yet, but Im pretty sure there is a specific version of Safari for Panther. You might need to go through software update.. and if it's not there, my guess is that you'll need to delete the receipt for Safari and then try to go through software update..

Im not familiar with Panther's file system so it might be wise to wait if Software Update doesnt show it there.. wait until someone that does have Panther might be able to help you.
QUOTE Thanks
trpnmonkey41

trpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to beholdtrpnmonkey41 is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano

i have safari and had no problems with safari after jaguar
QUOTE Thanks
soup

ok then.../ does anyone know where i can dowload a copy of safari 1.1, i can only find 1.0 and that dosent want to install
QUOTE Thanks
silentraven

Safari has worked fine for me so far under Panther. Try this though...

http://discussions.info.apple.com/We....8@.599b243d/1
QUOTE Thanks
malt

You could use this to open the Panther install cd and extract safari:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/12743
It's really a nice program, that will get your Safari back up and running.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Panther, Media player 9, and Apple DVD player. | downloading »