New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Coupons.com Coupon Printer

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

XMARLTONX

XMARLTONX has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB

So the wife is addicted to coupons. She's been using the Coupons.com coupon printer to print coupons successfully for a few months now, however suddenly it stopped working.

The coupon printer is a Safari/Firefox plugin which she was using in Safari. At first I simply removed the plugin and reinstalled it and it worked fine. For a day or two.

When it happened again, I dug a little deeper and also removed any and all files associated with it which were in Application Support. Then I reinstalled it once more, and for a few more days it worked. Then quit again.

So, I did some research and read that a Security Update disabled the plugin from working properly, so I did an archive and install and now it's still not working. I'm leery of erase and install because it takes so long with 10.5 and I don't want to attempt it if it won't work.

The error I get is that the coupon printer is not installed whenever a coupon is attempted to be printed.

The system in question is running 10.5.8. Oddly enough I had a similar error on my new iMac running 10.6.7 however when I attempt to print sometimes it just works.

Another rumor is that the plugin is not very friendly with all in one printers, which I have. My wife really loves the coupon thing and I'm trying to do all I can to make it work.

Anyone have any experience with this? I look forward to any advice, thanks =)

3.06 i3 iMac | 500 GB | 12 GB | 10.7
1.25 DP MDD | 480 GB | 512 MB | 10.5.8
1.6 SP G5 | 80 GB | 2 GB | 10.5.8
iPhone 4 White | 16GB
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« LaCie back up failure | dock has disappeared and mac running slow »