New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Magic Mouse battery level stays at 100% - Bug?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

havik

havik is on a distinguished road

After updating to OS X version 10.6.7 the battery indicator stays at a level of 100% according to Magic Mouse prefs. In other words the batteries do not seem to drain during usage. Of course this is not the case. So I installed the Mighty Monitor widget. This gives me an accurate reading showing the actual status of battery life. A google search did not provide me with relevant answers nor solutions. I found out that many others who updated tot 10.6.7 are dealing with the same issue concerning the battery level indicator.

This looks like a bug in OS X 10.6.7. I would appreciate to receive more information on this topic. Thank you.

Hans
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS IPad1

It's a bug in 10.6.7. That has been confirmed and Apple knows about it. Same here both with my mouse and keyboard till the batteries are way below 45% or so. Apple will fix it I was told on Apples forums probably in 10.6.8. So hang in there. I went to report it and it was already reported.

Till then I got a widget called Mighty Monitor. Works.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0
QUOTE Thanks
havik

havik is on a distinguished road

I appreciate your reply.

Hans
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.2

As a suggestion change the mouse batteries at eight weeks. Changed mine this morning after purchasing 27 March and yesterday getting jerky and slow even though System Preferences showed still at 98% capacity.

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Finder sidebar "shared" tab gone | Fans wont execeed 3600 RPMS »