New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

How to access shared WIndow folders from MAC using Java API

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

coolrb

coolrb is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I am literally crumbling to create or do any file IO operation in a shared Window(Server) directory from my MAC. I use smb://server-ip/shared-directory to access file/folder from my MAC. However using the same notation in file IO API does not work and it all gives null pointer exception.
Quote:
String uri = "smb://server/shared1/subm=folder"; // also tried with file:///server, smb://DOMAIN;user@server/shared1 etc...
File file = new File(uri);
System.out.println(file.list()); //This always gives null

This is really critical for me and would appreciate your help.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac has mini freezes for 5+ seconds | mac and 7 networking »