New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Safari can't find youtube?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hipirn

hipirn is on a distinguished road

I am new to "Mac", about 2 months, and have a new I mac. I use mac mail and Safari. When using mac mail I get a lot of messages with attachments to youtube that Safari can't/won't open. Safari displays the URL YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. but after a pause it will display the message "unable to open attachment, can not find url address www. youtube.
It seems that on initial start up with this mac the messages/attachments were opened and displayed?
Also youtube is one of the sites listed just below where URL's and google can be accessed, it won't come up when clicked on their either?
What do I need to do to use youtube for e mail attachments ?
Thanks... hipirn
QUOTE Thanks
DavidHH

DavidHH has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 21.5" iMac i5 2.9 Ghz, 15" MBPro i7 2.0 Ghz, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, ATV2, ATV3, iPad2, iPad Mini

Have you installed Perian yet?
It is a "QuickTime" component that provides native support for a number of popular video formats.
It is almost a must for Mac users to view media content.

Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime® components

Go to the above link where you can read about it and also download it.

DavidH
QUOTE Thanks
hipirn

hipirn is on a distinguished road

DavidH.. I've not heard of Perian,nor knew it may be an appropriate download. I've heard the term quickTime. My only download has been the office substitute that Apple offers and I've not used it yet.. Thanks for the tip. It's evident that I have much to learn. hipirn
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Rapid Decrease in Speed | airport extreme without a computer? »