New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Stacks gone &

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

vn3801

vn3801 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: oh dear, Powermac G5 DP 2.0Ghz 160GigHDD

Hi,

i went to drag a file from the "stack" in the dock and the "stack" disappeared? , its got me stuffed how to get it back!!

Any help much appreciated, cheers
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

I'll guess you mean a documents stack...
Easy fix.
Open finder window.
Go to your user home folder.
Highlight your documents folder, and drag it to the left of the trash and to the right of the dock separator and release it there.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Here's a screen recording of how to do it.

http://yfrog.com/j6file26506z
QUOTE Thanks
vn3801

vn3801 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: oh dear, Powermac G5 DP 2.0Ghz 160GigHDD

thanks mate, so simple, thanks for the demo, nothing like seeing it happen over reading instructions
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Pleasure.... Same applies for any of those folders (downloads, movies, etc.)

I highly recommend Apple - Find Out How - Mac Basics

Have a look at the list under the main video window, there are heaps of tutorials there which are invaluable.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Blue Background Login Screen Problem | System Restore Disks »