New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Phantom modifier-key changer on the prowl

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

redheadgirl

redheadgirl is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I've been using Macs for years, but have always preferred the Windows way of doing keyboard shortcuts. So I went to System Preferences > Keyboard > Modifier Keys and swapped the Command and Control Keys.

Now recently some phantom seems to have gotten hold of my computer, because every other day I discover that these have reset to their default! At first I thought my husband did it, because he used my external monitor and keyboard and cables to dock his laptop and transfer some big files. But he swears he didn't, and I reset it. Then it happened again yesterday. And again today. Sometimes while my MacBook is docked and I'm using my external keyboard, other times when it's not and I'm using the MacBook keyboard.

Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh! This bugs the heck out of me because I use undo, cut, copy, and paste a zillion times a day and it keeps resetting!

Any clue as to how to exorcise this demon?!?!?!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I need to mount a .iso file at startup. | DVD Burner »