New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

syncing files/folders btwn macs

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

brlim

brlim is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2

I have multiple macs all used for the same purpose... school. Inevitably, I have to use my MBP while at school and my iMac at home so I find myself constantly updating the most recent changes to my notes, docs, presentations. etc by using a flash drive. However, Once in a while I would forget to do this immediately after I get home or applying the updates before heading out and this leads to me being

My question is it possible to sync changes in files/folders automatically between my macs?
i.e. when I make changes to a document in a folder on one of my computers to have it make the same changes to the same document on the other computer.

The solutions I found thus far is using a flash drive and sharing files. The problem with sharing files it that it acts like a flash drive without having to put the data on the hard drive...

Gone Mac. Never going back.
QUOTE Thanks
Deckyon

Deckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really niceDeckyon is just really nice
Mac Specs: MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM

Dropbox Dropbox - Simplify your life
You wont even have to think about it. I keep a work computer (winXP), my MBP, my Win7 (bootcamp) and my iPad all sync'd up with Dropbox. If it is under 2GB, it is free.

MobileMe
Will work between Macs but for a yearly cost.

MBP 17" 2011, 2.3GHz Intel Quad-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1GB RAM
MacMini 2011, 2.7GHz Intel Dual-Core i7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6630M 256MB RAM
iPhone 5S 64GB, iPad Gen3 32GB WiFi, iPod Nano Gen6 8GB, Apple TV 3 & 2
QUOTE Thanks
brlim

brlim is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 2.5GHz i5, MBP 15" intel core 2.16GHz, MBP 13" intel core duo, iPhone, iPad2

Wow I love this forum. Thanks a million Deckyon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deckyon View Post
Dropbox Dropbox - Simplify your life
You wont even have to think about it. I keep a work computer (winXP), my MBP, my Win7 (bootcamp) and my iPad all sync'd up with Dropbox. If it is under 2GB, it is free.

MobileMe
Will work between Macs but for a yearly cost.

Gone Mac. Never going back.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Heres a tough one for u guys to try and figure out... | HELP! Restore iPhoto Library for Time Machine! »