Angry Macbook can't download
    I just got my Macbook back from the computer repair guy because my hard drive was bad. he reset the admin password and when I try to download new adobe programs or even Firefox the computer says there's not enough memory to make a disk image.

****** off at my computer geek and in need of help.

Near Whitehorse, Yukon
    2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
    In the Finder, in a window at the bottom center there is a XX GB available, tell us how much it says.

The disk image… Do you have File Vault turned on?
    Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
    Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
    The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.

Talking macbook can't download
    the finder shows 122.86 GB available. as for file vault I don't know.

I'm still unfamiliar with much of my Mac. I was a PC guy who went nuts and thought it'd be cool to have one. NOT impressed. as soon as grad school is over I'm going back to PC. I'm at least familiar with those.

Thank you for the help though.

Waiting for a mate . . .
    21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM & 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 8GB RAM 10.10.3, iPhone5 & iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3, ATV3
    Without sounding harsh, thats what you get when you think its cool to have one.
    I thought in this day and age with the price of a Mac you would have done your research before hand. I bet your "computer geek" is a PC man too is he ??

As for FileVault click the  in the top left and then System Preferences. Now goto Security>FileVault and see if somehow it has been turned on.
    By default Apple doesnt put it on so either you or your geek mate has if it turned on.

Now before you go crazy again and get rid of your Mac, there usually is a explanation to why something isnt working and 99% of the time its user error.

Once you have seen if FV is on/off Repair Disk permissions.

Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility.

Once open click yourHD in the left column. Then the First Aid tab at the top. Now down the bottom and click Repair Permissions.

Let it do its job and dont worry about ALL the error msg's that come up. Once it has finished doing what it needs to restart the Mac and then see if you can dl anything.

If problem persists then post back as we will try and then root out the problem for you . . . .

Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
    MoTM ☆☆☆

Thread Information