MacBook Pro (2010) will not boot
    Hi,

When I turned my MacBook pro off and on again, it came up with the usual grey background and apple logo, but then a progress bar comes up and disappears, then the normal circle progress bar. After this the circle bar disappears and that same progress bar appears. The Mac then shuts down. I don't know what to do, as I have tried hardware test (which said nothing was wrong) and I have booted it from the Mac os x software install DVD. I used disk utility to verify permissions, and it said that an input/output was corrupt for about 50 items, mostly in the CoreServices folder. I tried to repair permissions but it said that it could not. Please help! I am running OS X 10.6.7.
    Drag and Drop for Windows users:

DRAG your PC off your desk, and DROP it in the trash.

Specs:
    4GB Mac Mini 2012, 13" MBA, 15" MacBook Pro OSX 10.7, 32 GB iPhone 3GS, iPad2 64gb 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by Adz_Rox View Post
    Hi,

When I turned my MacBook pro off and on again, it came up with the usual grey background and apple logo, but then a progress bar comes up and disappears, then the normal circle progress bar. After this the circle bar disappears and that same progress bar appears. The Mac then shuts down. I don't know what to do, as I have tried hardware test (which said nothing was wrong) and I have booted it from the Mac os x software install DVD. I used disk utility to verify permissions, and it said that an input/output was corrupt for about 50 items, mostly in the CoreServices folder. I tried to repair permissions but it said that it could not. Please help! I am running OS X 10.6.7.
    Is your MBP still under warranty? If so, I would suggest taking it in for a visit.
    I've always wanted to be smart, handsome and modest. But, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with two out of three . . .

Specs:
    rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
    Boot from the install DVD again, and repair the disk, rather than just permissions.

Thread Information