New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Time Machine Issues - snow leopard

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

fish2k6

fish2k6 is on a distinguished road

Hi guys first time poster here, having some issues with time machine. My setup is a Mac mini with two USB external drives, both shared. The mini backs up to one drive, and the other I have as a network Time Machine disk for my wife's macbook air. Both are running the lastest version of snow leopard. This setup has worked perfectly for the first month we had the air. Yesterday though I noticed that the air was not completing any backups, but instead getting stuck on "making backup disk available". Trying to stop the backup gives the spinning beach ball and sometimes locks up the computer completely. If I pull the hard drive from the mini and plug it in USB to the Air, it backs up fine. The mini has no problem backing up to it's external drive. I have tried backing up the Air to a different shared drive with no luck, so I know it's not a drive problem. I have moved the sparse bundle for the air to a different drive, reformatted the drive and tried again, with no luck. Basically, I am no longer able to do network backups from the air, even though I could every hour with no problem 10 days ago. Now the internal drive on the mini did get corrupted the day before this issue began, and I had to do a restore from it's time machine. But, even after this restore I was able to make network backups for the air for almost a whole day, so I don't think this is the issue. Sorry for the long read, but does anyone have any ideas what the issue may be? Thanks
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Permissions | Mac OS X Screen Cracked! Please help! »