New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

HELP MAC OS X Experts

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

cyberkatis

cyberkatis is on a distinguished road

Ok Guys and Gals here is the issue:

Have an application that I installed. It went out on the internet and installed updates. I would like to re-install a "fresh" copy prior to the update but when I run the pkg installer it detects it as already installed and that it needs an update.

I have used appzapper and such to remove any traces of the program it could find. I have also removed the MAC from the network in case it was receiving update notifications from the source during the install.

Where is it getting the information from that the app was previously installed with an older version. It also never asks me to install my Serial number again either, using the old one I installed originally.

I liked the previous version before the update and would like to reinstall it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Grab EasyFind. This will scour your hard drive for search terms that you specify. Start with the name of the app. If it has multiple words to it, try searching first without a space, then with a space between the words. Also search by the developer's name. See if that gets you any hits.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help - upgrade killed my desktop | Apple Mail »