Specs:
    Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz.
    OK, who stole my progress bar?
    Hi guys,
    Something has happened to my desktop view and I don't know how to get it back. To be honest, I don't even know if it is an OS X issue or a Firefox problem.
    Anyway, just in case it is a known issue, here is my setup.
    It is all running on a fairly new Mac Mini Aluminium running Snow leopard with all the latest updates installed. I am running Firefox 4.0.1
    Now, in the recent past, I used to have a progress bar down at the bottom right of the screen that moved across from left to right to show how quickly a new page was loading. It also meant that loading had actually started. Without the bar, i have no way of knowing that the click that I did actually registered.
    Does anybody know where it went or what I can try to get it back?
    Cheers,
    Steve
    The trouble with letting people like me loose on the interweb with a debit card is that I now have the latest Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, 320 HDD and OS X 10.6.5 all wired up to a 70" LED screen ...... And not the faintest idea of how to use it.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I don't use FF but perhaps the progress bar was removed in the latest update? I know this is something that has been on and off even with Safari, which I use.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    There's no status bar (at least in the nightly). Instead, you get a Chrome style "popup status bar" (that's what I'm calling it) where a little status message shows up where the status bar used to be when you go to a new page. Do you not get this?
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Specs:
    rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD
    It's a common complaint about FF4 - an add-on called Status-4-Evar will get things back to the way you want them.

Specs:
    Cheers for the link, northernchimp.
    Downloaded, checked and installed and working perfectly.
    Thanks again,
    Steve
    The trouble with letting people like me loose on the interweb with a debit card is that I now have the latest Mac Mini Aluminium running at 2.4 GHz with 8 GB of DDR3 RAM, 320 HDD and OS X 10.6.5 all wired up to a 70" LED screen ...... And not the faintest idea of how to use it.

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by vansmith View Post
    There's no status bar (at least in the nightly).
    This may be a dumb question but what is a "Nightly"?
    My apologies if it's a typo for another word and I don't mean to pick you up on it if it's a spelling error but I have no idea what it means.
    The thing that was missing, and has now returned, was a small white bar at the bottom right of the screen where the clock would be on a Windows PC screen. It isn't there all the time but it appears when you refresh the page or go to a new one. A blue segment rolls across the bat so that when the bar is all blue, the page changes or loads.

Specs:
    2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)
    You can ignore my comment.

I don't use the stable version of Firefox. I run what is called the "nightly" version. This is the version of Firefox that is built everyday. Using this gives me a sense of what's coming in the versions to come.
    Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
    M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
    Writing a Quality Post

Thread Information