New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Syncing iCal with iphone

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Lorenz

Lorenz is on a distinguished road

Is there a way to sync iCal and Address Book with iphone without physically connecting and sync through iTunes? I mean, I thought by updating my iphone Address Book or iCal, it would update the same on my Macbook Pro.

I have recently moved to Mac from Windows and am learning every day!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenz View Post
Is there a way to sync iCal and Address Book with iphone without physically connecting and sync through iTunes? I mean, I thought by updating my iphone Address Book or iCal, it would update the same on my Macbook Pro.
Only if you have a MobileMe account. I find it pretty annoying myself that Apple has hobbled it in that way. World's most advanced smartphone, and no bluetooth syncing.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

I have a Google account that I keep my calender and contacts in and sync it that way to my iPhone and to my iCal.

iPhone
http://www.google.com/support/mobile...40&topic=14252

iCal
http://www.google.com/support/calend...wer=99358#ical

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Standard vs Administrator accounts | Word for Mac Browse problem »