New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Why are websites adding themselves to my "Top sites" list?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

macbook Luke

macbook Luke is on a distinguished road

seems i get many web pages i visit adding themselves to my "Topsites" without me wanting them !!

Ok...what am i doing wrong? !
QUOTE Thanks
Ramimac1

Ramimac1 has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 2010 i3 27" 16gb Ram

I may be wrong but i believe top sites will populate by the most visited unless you pin them to the location you want them to be.

Old time Computer Hardware Tech
Ohh My Typing Sucks Live with it

Snoopy is the Man !!!
QUOTE Thanks
macbook Luke

macbook Luke is on a distinguished road

I only want sites i add to be in my Topsites !! Otherwise i end with clutter

I thought you have to manually add them? something is adding them without my permission!
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

No you do not need to add them manually.

It adds the sites you most frequently visit - all on it's lonesome.

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramimac1 View Post
I may be wrong but i believe top sites will populate by the most visited unless you pin them to the location you want them to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook Luke View Post

I thought you have to manually add them? something is adding them without my permission!

Read the above post again. They will be added through the most visited. If you dont want them to keep adding them, you can edit it, and use the small, medium or large version. Then all you need to do is pin then where a BLUE pin will be shown. When you have filled either size with the pages you want, click done.

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Oneironaut

Oneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really niceOneironaut is just really nice
Mac Specs: 21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB

Yes, there is an edit button in the lower left of the Top Sites screen.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbook Luke View Post

You're wanting Top Sites to behave like Bookmarks. It doesn't. If there is a site you don't want added to Top Sites, don't go there so often. Top sites doesn't track your personal "favorites" in terms of the ones you like most. It tracks your actual browsing behavior. In a sense, it tells you something about yourself.
QUOTE Thanks
rabbitjetta

rabbitjetta is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Retina Pro, iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPod touch 3-5, iMac 27

do you have an iphone?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iMac unmounts external drives | Need to repair disk (boot from install) DVD drive failing »