New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Computer Running Slow After Software Update

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NikeTalker23

NikeTalker23 is on a distinguished road

It updated Safari and other things that I can't remember but now my computer is super slow and lags big time. It also takes forever to boot up or restart. Any ideas?
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10.1, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

After some updates, the first boot can be slow but that clears up after another reboot. Sounds like you having slowdowns once in OSX also. I would repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility and reboot. See if that helps.

If not, report back!
QUOTE Thanks
NikeTalker23

NikeTalker23 is on a distinguished road

I did both of those and everything is still lagging. Opening up programs, running programs, my browser, my internet connection, my videos skip. I keep pinwheeling..
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

How old is the Mac and what are the specs? How much free space do you have on your hard drive and what size ?
QUOTE Thanks
talleyJudy

talleyJudy is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Dec.'10 White MacBook, 8GB Ram, OSX 10.9.5

Evidently I'm not the only one to be experiencing problems since the Safari Security Update of 4/18/11.

Please see post #2 in the thread: Pointer problem.

Thanks in advance all,

Judy

"All that equipment and no one to drive."
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Spotlight search preferences? | OSX 10.6 connection issues to Windows 7 server »