New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

My dock is messed up because of candybar :(

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

randy321

randy321 is on a distinguished road

my dock currently looks like that.. and the areas where there are spaces on the side are my finder and trash. i know theres another finder icon but it's bugging me because the one right next to it is the finder but there isn't any icon.
i messed everything up with the candybar thing is there any way i can just delete everything and restore my dock to the way it was when i first bought it?!
QUOTE Thanks
osxx

osxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to allosxx is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3

I have not tried it but you might be able to use Time Machine and restore from an earlier
point.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy321 View Post
i messed everything up with the candybar thing is there any way i can just delete everything and restore my dock to the way it was when i first bought it?!
First, uninstall CandyBar. Then trash your dock.plist file. You should be good.

This is the kind of problem I warn people about who ask how to customize icons, etc. Usually they get rude and resort to name calling. "If you can't help, then why did you reply?" Well, that warning is helpful. It might prevent a headache like this!
QUOTE Thanks
roflitskyle

roflitskyle has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD

Try restoring the dock from CandyBar.

- Kyle
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unable to open certain web pages on Mac pro OS X | How can I reset VPN Network configuration w/out reboot?? »