New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

finder window Places column options

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jami1955

jami1955 is on a distinguished road

Hi
suddenly a change... I have a left column in my finder window set up with often used folders. Convenient. If I want a new one, I drag and drop the folder there to the column.

It used to be, if I wanted to get rid of one of those places in that column, I simply dragged the folder icon OUT of the column, and similarly to the dock configuration, a small puff of smoke would appear, and so would the icon disappear.

Now all of a sudden, I try and drag the icon I don't want in the Places column out, but it rubber bands back in place, and there it stays. Cannot get rid of them now. What's happened, and how do I get back to being able to get rid of folders I have placed into the Places column in the finder window?
thanks, see attached screenshot.

JSC Boulder
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screen.jpg (31.1 KB, 4 views)
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Random crashing when external monitor is connected | Desktop won't stay asleep »