New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

No grayscale print option after Leopard upgrade

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jeffuk

jeffuk is on a distinguished road

I recently upgraded from Tiger to Leopard on my Power Mac G4. I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX685 printer.

Since the upgrade I have lost the option to print in Grayscale (as well as other print options, such as Print Settings, Colour Management). I've looked for it everywhere but I'm pretty certain it's not there.

All the print options are available if I hook the printer up to my girlfriend's MacBook Pro. Both computers seem to have the same printer driver installed, although I notice that the MacBook has a newer version of the driver (8.17 rather than 6.10), they don't seem to have this version available on the website so perhaps it's only available for Intel machines.

The Power Mac is my main workstation so I'd really like to get the printer fully operational on it. I've noticed that there is a Black and White option under `Printer Features' but it still prints in colour if I choose this.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. If not, I will assume it's a glitch with running Leopard on an ageing G4!

Thanks
Jeff
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You have the latest driver for PPC already. (6.10) The 8.17 driver is for Intel only. You may be able to dig around the web and find a substitute driver that will work with Leopard. (I just checked the Foomatic data base and your model Epson is not supported.)
QUOTE Thanks
jeffuk

jeffuk is on a distinguished road

Thanks.

Do you know any other suitable driver websites that I could try? I will try a Google Search but if you knew any offhand I'd appreciate it, I'm not much of an expert in these things.

J
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Filevault Question | applications folder removed »