Specs:
    20" iMac, OS X 10.6, 2.16GHz, 2.5GB RAM, 250GB HDD
    Downloading issues
    Hey,

I've been having issues downloading some of the latest updates for my Mac (iMac 5.1 running 10.6.7). An example would be downloading the latest Safari update (5.0.5), the file downloads, but when the iMac restarts an error message pops up stating "corrupt file...unable to install". It has also been doing this with the latest Garbage Band update (6.0.2), and now the latest iPhone update (4.3.2 - a similar message pops up just after downloading stating "file corrupted during download" err = 1403). Obviously I'm getting quite frustrated due to a limited download quota a month. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Matt

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    Have you, by chance, installed any "download accelerator" programs?
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    No, the last app I downloaded was MacKeeper, but when I realised I had to pay for it I uninstalled the app. Other than that only Apple updates.

Quote Originally Posted by mwarne001 View Post
    No, the last app I downloaded was MacKeeper, but when I realised I had to pay for it I uninstalled the app. Other than that only Apple updates.
    Ooooo…. MacKeeper. What a hunk of garbage. It might be the source of your issues. Be sure you really completely removed it.
    [Fix-KB] - Uninstall MacKeeper

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Just found a few lingering files associates with this app, which have now been securely deleted (pretty ****** seeing as how I didn't even use it), but still having the same error messages come up when trying to download the updates. Thanks for the link though lifeisabeach.

Specs:
    Imac 27", i7 3.5GHz, 3TB Fusion drive, 32GB memory, macOS Sierra.
    As life states, did you actually use the uninstaller?

Also did you use the OS X.6.7 Combo Update? If not it may be a good idea to download that and run it and see if the problems iron themselves out. Also avoid applications like Speed Download etc.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

I'm wondering if you have a hard drive that is failing. You need to check the SMART status, which can be done with Disk Utility or Onyx. If that checks out, try repairing permissions.

EDIT: One other nifty trick to stress-test your hard drive is to use Disk Utility to erase the free space, and use the 7-pass option.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac » Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    Unfortunately no luck.
    I've been using Disk Utility and Onyx and neither have come up with any issues. All permissions have been repaired, no issues reported.
    I've checked out the hard drive and it came up all good, I've erased the free space using 7-pass option.
    I'm going to try and install the 10.6.7 combo update to see if that rectifies the problem. Failing that I see no other option than to format and reinstall via the boot discs and upload all my files via Time Machine. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
    If anyone else has any ideas they'd be much appreciated.

Thread Information