New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

After upgrade not got fast

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ah4you

ah4you is on a distinguished road

Good day

I'm already made upgrade for my mac book pro 13 2.4 2010 from 4G to 8G for memory and from 250 G HD to 160G SSD , but the problem is still took long time about 58 sec same as before the up grade and when I start it I got white screen first for 30 sec the I got the apple logo and the the mac start.

I need your advice and your help about this problem.
QUOTE Thanks
northrnchimp

northrnchimp will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: rMBP 13 2.5GHz 121GB SSD

How did you upgrade the hard drive - a clone, a fresh install, migration wizard? Have you tried swapping out the new RAM for the originals? Verify the new disk from your installation discs. Try a hardware test as well (press and hold D key at startup with your install disc in the drive), that might give you some clues.
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Another thing that I recommend following a hard disk upgrade is to do a PRAM reset. This is done by pressing and holding Command + Option + P + R when you turn it on, and then continue holding until you hear the system chime twice.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

The SSD needed to be formatted Mac OS Extended (Journalled) a fresh install of your operating system from the discs and then update from your original drive via MNigration Assistant. Cloning does not work on an SSD simply slows it down as you may be witnessing.

What brand SSD is the next question?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« same account on multiple mac's? | new to macs java issue »