New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

password window when installing software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Bradley71252

Bradley71252 is on a distinguished road

This is a little strange, when I install a new program in my 24" Imac you get the normal screen asking for your system password.

I get the window but no text for log-on and password, but their is no text.

I can still type the password and install the program. any ideas on how to fix this??

I'm attaching a screen shot so you can what I'm talking about.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Log-on-error.jpg (41.6 KB, 13 views)
QUOTE Thanks
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

It's not a problem. That's how the OS is setup to protect you from malware. Otherwise malware and would be able to install themselves without your consent.

死神はリンゴしか食べない。
QUOTE Thanks
Bradley71252

I know that the function is protection.

Take a close look at the image, it's incomplete.
QUOTE Thanks
TattooedMac

TattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant futureTattooedMac has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 21" iMac 2.9Ghz 10.9.4 13"MBP 2.9Ghz i7 Yosemite 10.10 ~ iPhone5 iOS 8 ~ iPad Mini iOS 8 ~ ATV3 6.1

@ CR The OP is worried bc there is no text in the box itself

Hi and welcome to the forums Bradley.

Do you have the Install Disk that came with the machine ??
Restart Mac holding down the 'c' key to boot from the disk. Choose English.
Then click on Disk Utility in the top MenuBar.

Once the Disk Utility screen comes up, click on yourHD in the left column. Then the First Aid tab centre screen. Once the new window comes up click on the Repair Permissions Tab down the bottom. Now go get a good cup of coffee and wait. There will be a lot of Permissions come up in the window saying can and cant be repaired.
 Have a good KB Article showing all Mac OS X: Disk Utility's Repair Disk Permissions messages that you can safely ignore.

Once it has finished restart the Mac again and it should hopefully be a little snappier as well

Or do all the above via System Disk Utility if you havnt go the System Disks
goto
applications>utilities>disk utility

Log out then back in.

If problem still persists be sure to drop back in so we can follow it up further

Cheers

CogFrog Studio's ~ Photography, Apps and Web Development
Dont forget to use the Reputation System if someone has helped you out !!!
Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead!!!!!
QUOTE Thanks
Bradley71252

Thanks TattooedMax

followed your instructions, but no joy Window is still the same.
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS X.10

By any chance do you have firmware protection protection installed?

Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!
QUOTE Thanks
Bradley71252

Not that I'm aware of
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I have Viruses. | Same time stamp for everything! »