New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MacBook Air 11' - kernel panic

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mateusxzzz

mateusxzzz is on a distinguished road

Hello.

My friend has got MacBook Air 11' from Late2010 with Mac OS X 10.6.7 (he upgraded it from 10.6.5).

He has got modem for wireless network - Option GIO225.

He pluged it into USB and Mac correctly installed software and program for connecting the Internet. Everything is ok until secound pluged in... :/
When he puted modem into USB after installation Mac immediatelly has KERNEL PANIC and everything is frozen...

Have you got an idea about what is wrong ? or why Mac OS doesn't "like" this modem ? :>

Hm.. Maybe it because Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, maybe in 10.6.4 will be ok ?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

If he's not a developer, has has obtained Lion illegally, and if he is a developer, he needs to contact Apple to resolve this!
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Right on. If he was a developer under NDA he would not have Lion on a production machine. It would be on a test machine specifically for that purpose.
QUOTE Thanks
mateusxzzz

Ok.. sorry... my mistake...

He updated from 10.6.5 to 10.6.7...
so can you help me ?
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Ok then, what he has is OS X 10.6.7, not 10.7!
As for the kernal panic, you would need to post the logs that maybe someone here can read and interpret for you.
QUOTE Thanks
mateusxzzz

Ok.. So i have to wait for my friend...
And can you tell me how to take that logs ? Because i have to explain my friend how to... because he hasn't got Internet...
QUOTE Thanks
6string

Mac OS X: How to log a kernel panic
QUOTE Thanks
mateusxzzz

Thanks!

I've got panic report....

Here you are:

DiagnosticReports 7z

Thanks for help
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute

Can you paste it here in a reply so we can give it a look? The link you supplied for viewing the KP is not working.
QUOTE Thanks
mateusxzzz

Windows does not open *.panic files.... :/
So i can't....
It works.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/280...sticReports.7z
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

This is where the panic is occurring:

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
com.option.driver.OptionQC(1.1.16)@0x451e5000->0x451effff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.10)@0xd31000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(4.1.8)@0x1230000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOSerialFamily(10.0.3)@0x132a000
com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily(1.10)@0xd31000->0xd47fff

BSD process name corresponding to current thread: kernel_task

It's a driver that's loading which in turn is causing the KP. Possibly one of the above.

That's about the best I can figure out without knowing exactly what's going on.
QUOTE Thanks
mateusxzzz

Thanks for help
He tried to updated drivers to newtest version yesterday and KP didn't show...
But new problem started.. Now there aren't any KP but after some minutes application to connect the Internet make Finder frozen... And there is one way to unfrozen it - kill Net Application...

I think the only way to resolved the problem is exchange modem for another one

Anyway.. Thanks for help
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Stuck at the apple start up icon | I have no "apple" menu icon »