New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

MAC user accounts - different applications on each

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dmcrabby

dmcrabby is on a distinguished road

I have a guest account and of course the admin account. If I delete an application off the user account, does it affect the admin account?

For instance, I use a third party application to sync my blackberry to my Mac Calendar and Contacts. But I want to use Blackberry desktop manager on the guest user account. In order to do so I would have to uninstall the 3rd party software from the Guest Account.

Would it affect the main admin applications?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Did you install the third party application for "all users" or just for the "guest account"?
QUOTE Thanks
dmcrabby

dmcrabby is on a distinguished road

I don't remember if it ever asked. But if I am in the guest account and uninstall it, if i did do all users, then it would probably delete it from both users.

THe guest account has a different dock and some files on the desktop and tehy never change unless I do it. so wasn't sure if it was seen as "two seperate hard drives" with the shared space.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

You can log on to the guest account and uninstall it from there. If it was installed for "all users" it will show up when you switch back to the admin account. You may have to enter your admin password to uninstall it from the guest account.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Best way to "clone" existing windows 7 partition to MAC | Does upgrade need cd-drive? »