New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Small problem with external devices.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Phonoi

Phonoi is on a distinguished road

Hi, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I have a Macbook Pro with Mac OSX 10.6.7 installed. I'm a computer animation student, and I switch computers a lot so I have my devices running through a KV-switch to use my external monitor and keyboard, etc.

The the new kv-switch works great, and so do my new gaming mouse and keyboard, until I switch over to the Mac..

I just got a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate keyboard, and Razer Deathadder mouse. And it seems like there's no mac Driver for the keyboard just yet.

The mouse does have a driver but it did not fix the problem at all.

The problem with the keyboard is that the Mac isn't recognizing the Control, Windows, or Alt buttons. These work just fine on my other external keyboard as the Control, Option(alt) and Command keys. For the most part it just acts like they aren't there.

As for the mouse, the middle mouse button, by pressing down the mouse wheel, isn't quite working either. In Autodesk Maya you hold down Alt + MMB to pan the camera using the track tool. But it just ignores the MMB on the Deathadder. I think it might be because the drivers install key bindings for the mouse, but I saw no options on it that might suggest a "Middle Mouse Button" option.. even though it had near fifteen built in options I could set it to, or could turn it into a macro button. It seemed like the mouse would let it be everything except what I needed, hah.

The easiest way I see to fix it is to just bootcamp windows on the Macbook until new drivers from Razer come out, if ever.

The problem with that is that my Photoshop is MAC OS only. So if I want to use that I'll still have to switch keyboards, or maybe go back to a previous version.

So I'd rather stick with what I am on already if I can help it.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
tommyxv

tommyxv is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 27" iMac, 3.4Ghz Core i7, 256GB ssd + 1TB hdd, 16GB memory, Radeon 6970m w/2GB

I just stumbled onto this...they make a Mac Edition now in two versions, and its backlit!!

Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Edition - Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Razer Online Store
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823114020

AND

http://store.razerzone.com/store/raz...oryId.57273800
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageG...Keyboard%20MAC
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Shared Computers in Finder | Migration Assistant question »