Question copy and paste problem and running slow
    Something is slowing down my computer iMac G5 10.4.2
    I ran disk utilities,that only came up with special permissions for a widget. Restarted Still running slow and when I try to copy and paste the highlighted areas are not de-highlighting and I get that "ping" sound trying to copy (command C) .any suggestions?

edit: btw I have plenty of memory
    www.idadgraphics.com
    I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
    thank you MacForums and all it's members

Specs:
    MacBook
    What are you trying to copy and paste from?
    If its something like a PDF then forget it, you can't do it from a PDF or some other protected/locked file format.

Define slow...is it a particular app or is it everything in general? And how much is "plenty of" RAM? Depending on the app you are running, it might not be enough. Lots of Adobe apps are huge memory hogs.

Still, try rebooting, Disk Repair, Reset PRAM...etc. You know the drill, hehe :black:

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

I tried copying text, is all this is what's on this one(see attachment)Everything is changing over from one app to another really slow even the genie effect is funny It is moving so slow I can read a whole paragraph before it slides into dockl. I have never seen it so slow How do you reset pram?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.idadgraphics.com
    I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable

Specs:
    Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3
    Reset PRAM by holding down CMD+Option+P+R while booting up until you here the chime three times.

I don't think it's a copy and paste thing though.

What about recent software installs or interface tweaking. Try downloading the 10.4.2 combo update from Apple and re-run it. Also try running repair permissions as root.

I CMD+Option+P+R while booting up but only heard 1 chime.... errrr! I did it twice and still only one chime
    www.idadgraphics.com

Specs:
    MacBook
    Quote Originally Posted by iNAP
    I CMD+Option+P+R while booting up but only heard 1 chime.... errrr! I did it twice and still only one chime
    You are only supposed to hear it once.
    If you are holding down the key combo BEFORE the gray screen appears, the computer should then restart and you will hear the startup gong once.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=2238

mac: a waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric
    MAC: a data communication protocol sub-layer, also known as the Media Access Control
    Mac: a brand name which covers several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc.

Specs:
    My bad,..

You should wait until you hear one chime three times. One chime should do it, but many say that three is the magic number.

Do your own google search on Reset Pram to come to your own conclusion.

Needless to say in the days of OS X the PRAM reset is not as big of a thing as it was in OS 9.

BTW,.. Hows the real issue?

"Hows the real issue?" If you mean the being slow issue and C&P it is still happening........I keep getting "the spinning ball" it is getting frustrating! I can not find a problem. I'm to the point I may do a reinstall of tiger...dunno
    www.idadgraphics.com

Specs:
    Open activity monitor to see what your cpu and ram utilizations are. See if you've got a locked thread or something.

Thread Information