New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Missing windows share files from Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

dingoboyoz

dingoboyoz is on a distinguished road

Hi

I use my Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 to connect to my Windows 7 shares on my desktop. Lately, I noticed that files were missing on my Finder when connected. When I refresh the shared contents, the number of file changes, sometimes more, sometimes less. When I connect to the same shares with Win 7 running on VMWare Fusion, it displays the correct number of files. I'm fairly new to the world of Macs and am really tearing my hair out on this one. Can anyone help?
QUOTE Thanks
bobtomay

bobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond reputebobtomay has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP 2.33 C2D 256 4GB, MBA 13" i7 1.8, MB 2.0 2GB, Nano 4th, 3GS, iPad 1

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

I cannot be held responsible for the things that come out of my mouth.
In the Windows world, most everything folks don't understand is called a virus.
QUOTE Thanks
dpkform

dpkform is on a distinguished road

I came to this thread via google. Was very excited to find it, as I was having trouble finding any links to the very issue i was having.

I read down for the solution.... and what do I see? A moderator saying he/she has moved the thread to MAKE IT EASIER FOR PEOPLE TO FIND IT..... without including any link or information as to where the thread was moved to! WTF !!!!?????

Arrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!!

In this case the moderator's action was an epic fail. Most people would probably leave in disgust at this point, but I took the time to sign up, and post this. If no new vistor that gets here via google points out the problem here, the forum will continue to lose potential members, and continue to be less useful than it could be.

Hope I don't sound "*****y"... just trying to help myself and other forum users and potential forum users.

Now.... where did you move the thread to????

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtomay View Post
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Unauthorized Screenshots | Drag and drop to windows machine over network? »