New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Anyone know of a simple solution to set up iMail Read receipts please?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Mickyfin

Mickyfin will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite

I'm looking to set up my iMail on my MBP so that I can get proof of Read email receipts, but this is proving somewhat of a mission, with sources giving guides on how to set it up, but via the Terminal.

Is there no simple app, or client that can do this for you?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Use a different Mail Client if you wish to always receive receipts for sent mail. Some clients offer that as an option. Thunderbird mail (free) is one that does. (Located in Advanced Options)

Other more expensive mail clients likewise can be setup that way. (Outlook)

Note that most mail clients also offer a way to refuse sending a receipt. So, if your recipients do not want to send one, you're not going to receive it anyway.
QUOTE Thanks
Tazzie

Tazzie is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook, iMac, iPhone 5, iPod Touch, iPad 3rd Gen, AppleTV

Hi there. I only joined Mac-Forum today and I agree with chscag and personally purchased (about US$20) PostBox (based on Mozilla technology) for this very reason. I've been using it now for two years and love it!

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Malware? | Remotely creating/restoring an image »