New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Problems with microphone performance

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

eurolilia

eurolilia is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I have a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.6 installed on it (upgrade from Tiger). So far it has been a great laptop and I am loving it.

Recently I started using an e-learning platform and I am having problems with the microphone performance in the virtual room. The other side hears the sound very choppy and unclear.

The strangest thing is that I don't have a single problem with it in Skype or recording audio with audio software. Even stranger is the fact that if I get a call in Skype and leave the call on, the sound in the e-learning platform is fine. Somehow Skype boosts the audio channels. I cannot do the Skype trick all the time and I have to fix the mic somehow because I am teaching in the virtual classroom and it is very important to have good audio performance.

Other than that, the laptop is in great shape. I don't have any viruses. I ran MacKeeper and Onyx.

I tried to use the upgrade CD of Snow Leopard and custom install audio drivers but there is no such option.

If somebody can give me tips, I would really appreciate it.
QUOTE Thanks
robduckyworth

robduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to allrobduckyworth is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC

it is probably to do with your connection speed to the internet, or the reciever's connection speed. if you can record normally in a daw there is nothing wrong with your mic.

If you find a post helpful, don't forget to use the reputation system (top right of post.)
Join us in the IRC! How? Add me on Steam, Origin or PSN (Vita): robduckyworth
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How do I change the file path of applications? | Using Migration Assistant »