New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Help needed please! OSX 10.4.11 / Photoshop CS2 / Epson Scan 1.2E

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

drew2011

drew2011 is on a distinguished road

I am running the above software on a PowerBook G4 17" (pre-intell)
and have recently encountered a problem.
After not using my epson perfection 3200 scanner for a while I opened photoshop through which I usually scan, and from there to import via epson scan. Epson scan opened fine but none of the adjustment controls were working, so I tried to scan anyway the scan would progress and near the end it would just stop downloading the information. I tried a very low res scan which came through fine but the previous problem persisted. Eventually I uninstalled epson scan and reinstalled it after which the scan software worked fine on its own. But when I tried to open photoshop it would start loading until it was "building TWAIN menu items" then just quit unexpectedly. I then uninstalled and reinstalled photoshop - following the uninstall procedure. The newly installed photoshop is still behaving in the exact same way - quitting while "building TWAIN menu items"

If anyone has some insight as to where the problem lies, I would greatly appreciate some advice on how to remedy this problem.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot from USB Fresh OS Install | unknown OS problem. »