New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Shortcut to sleep

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

honey bee

honey bee is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Imac 21.5"; 3.06Ghz;

Hi
how do i highlight the sleep button (restart, shut down) in the login page without using my mouse. There is different people using my imac and when i put it to sleep by pressing command-option-eject who ever activates it is brought to my account.
Is there a shortcut to logout and sleep at the same time.
Regards Greg.
QUOTE Thanks
honey bee

Got it all by myself.
Press "control-F7" to highlight buttons then tab to select sleep.
Not exactly the shortest shortcut but it answers my question so I don't have to use the mouse.
Still looking for a way to logout and sleep at the same time (a real short cut ).
Thanks man your fantastic.
QUOTE Thanks
McYukon

McYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to beholdMcYukon is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: 2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9

Keyboard shortcuts in OS X | creativebits

"Option-Command-Eject or Option-Command-Power" = Sleep

Use the reputation system if a post helps you!
Mac Forums IRC Channel - Help build it by hanging out with us
The next sentence is true. The previous sentence is false.
QUOTE Thanks
honey bee

Whats going on with my mac.
The keyboard shortcut "option-command-eject" puts it to sleep for about 3 seconds then it starts up again. I looked up possible causes but my problem seem to be only with that shortcut (so far). I reset SMC and took batteries out of mouse and still not working. Is it a hardware issue? Any other ideas whats wrong? Again it only happens when I activate sleep by pressing "option-command-eject". It sleeps perfect when selected from the menu bar.
This is driving me absolutely crazy, someone please help
QUOTE Thanks
mac234black

mac234black is on a distinguished road

Funny you should mention that. Ever since I installed 10.6.6 I've had either the same problem as yours or difficulty in going to sleep whether I use the mouse or keyboard. Any ideas? PS. I've also tried Control + eject + s. It works, but very slowly.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to drag Iphoto and library form old to new hard drive | question about ip address »