New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

iphoto is invisible

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

regi

regi is on a distinguished road

all of my iLife apps act as if iphoto doesn't exist: iMovie and iTunes both return error messages that i must open iphoto to see any photos there, even though it is open. i suspect that some system file is corrupted or missing, but i have no idea which one or where it is. (the usual disk repair routine has no effect)

i have iphoto 8 and imovie 8 and no desire (or need) to upgrade (i use lightroom for my real photo work, and even if i did, the problem may still exist).
QUOTE Thanks
6string

6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold6string is a splendid one to behold
Mac Specs: Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

Try quitting iPhoto, and go to user library>preferences, and drag the com.apple.iPhoto .plsts to the desktop and relaunch iPhoto and see if that fixes it.

Personally, for me the fix would be to delete iLife using AppCleaner, and then reinstalling it from my install discs.
QUOTE Thanks
regi

regi is on a distinguished road

the first manuever didn't work. i hate to do the second one, but...

regi metcalf photographs
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« powerbook g4 problem reading snow leopard dvd | Viewing pdf or doc on 'net always downlods »