New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

bootcamp Vista help?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nitidus

Nitidus is on a distinguished road

So, im wondering if i use a Reinstallation DVD Windows Vista Home Basic 32 BIT SP1 if il be able to install it on my mac with boot camp. The real problem is i dont have the COA for the disc but i have a PC also with a COA on the bottom. The PC has XP loaded on it. I realize this is a Mac forum but the issue requires both Mac and windows so im hoping i can find someone who understands my problem. Is it possible to use that COA to install Vista onto my Mac using that COA and the Disc listed above. if not is there any other way i can find a COA?

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Aside from the legalities of the EULA, most reinstallation discs are tailored to the machine they're sold with. Also, the COAs are usually specific to the manufacturer - so a Dell COA, for example, wouldn't work with an HP (and vice versa). Additionally, if you're using that copy of Vista installed on another machine, you'll run into activation issues on one or both machines.

And of course, we don't discuss software piracy on this forum, so you won't be getting any product IDs or COAs here, if that was your intent.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
Nitidus

Nitidus is on a distinguished road

no that was not my intention at all. i have no interest in pirating. the software is not downloaded on a computer but the key i have wont work. thank you very much anyways.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Disable write-caching on removable drives? | OS X Snow Leopard and Mail »