Atascadero, CA, San Luis Obispo County
    Mac Pro, 10.5.1, 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon, 10 GB 667 MHz DDR2 F8-DIMM / MacBook Pro
    OS X 10.5 reinstall lost files and volumes
    I have a Mac Pro and did a reinstall of Leopard. I now do not have any time machine backups showing since the reinstall. I do not have any of my previous files in the Documents folder and Parallels need reinstalling. All my apps and most important stuff was retrieved with Migration tool. I also backup important files frequently so I am not in emergency mode. Computer works great but I am uncomfortable not having access to Time Machine backup volumes. Is there a way to see if any of this data is in hidden volumes somewhere even if I don't remember exactly what the titles were, etc.? When I use the search tool I get no results and have not learned how to narrow the search to what I want. That's enough for now. New to this forum and am learning a lot. Thanks.

Nambucca Heads Australia
    iMac i5 2.7GHz, 16GB memory, OS 10.11.1.
    G'day and welcome to the forums.

Trust your backups were to an external drive? If TM backups are stored on a partition of the Mac Pro hard drive and you formatted the drive they may be gone. With a Mac Pro as a suggestion, pop a SATA II drive into position No. 2 and simply back up there.

Personally favour SuperDuper for backups. The internal drive is the fastest backup you can get, 3GB/s compared to an external using Firewire 800 or USB 2.
    Hang on to those original install discs like grim death! Using OS X.7 or later make a bootable USB thumb drive before running Installer!

Thread Information