New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Font Problem with Dreamweaver CS5

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

melsworld

melsworld is on a distinguished road

Strange one this:

This only seems to be effecting DW CS5

I installed some hollow fonts into the font folder on the imac, which I have since uninstalled for the following reason

DW CS5 for some reason inherited the font so when you look at lets say properties of a page all of the side text is in the hollow font which of course is totally unreadable

I uninstalled DW CS5 and reinstalled but the problem has not gone away

Has anybody got any ideas what to try next

Mel
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

Sounds like a font conflict

Both the hollow font and the font used for the code view have the same id so are clashing.

If you are using a font manager you should just unload the new font when you dont need it, or select a different font for DMs code view in DMs prefernces

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
melsworld

Found the problem

It was a ttf font file in users/library/fonts/

Deleted the font and problem was resolved in DW CS5 as if by magic

Now at least I can see what I am doing lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
Sounds like a font conflict

Both the hollow font and the font used for the code view have the same id so are clashing.

If you are using a font manager you should just unload the new font when you dont need it, or select a different font for DMs code view in DMs prefernces
This is the puzzle I have removed the hollow font totally

The code view of DW CS5 is showing without problem its the built in parts of DW that are the problem for example on this page where I am replying at the top left hand side is Reply To Thread which is obviously readable

But see attached pic of DW

Its as thoughthe imac operating system still thinks the font is there even when it has been totally removed and a fresh install of DW was done

Mel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2010-12-30 at 15.51.47.jpg (90.2 KB, 19 views)
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

In that case, the hollow font might still be n one of the font caches.

Download Onyx, one of its many maintenance options is to clear all application font caches

Apple - Downloads - System/Disk Utilities - OnyX

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
melsworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by louishen View Post
In that case, the hollow font might still be n one of the font caches.

Download Onyx, one of its many maintenance options is to clear all application font caches

Apple - Downloads - System/Disk Utilities - OnyX
Hi,

Thanks for the advice I have downloaded it and running it now

Thanks for you help

Regards
Mel
QUOTE Thanks
rangefinderf8

rangefinderf8 is on a distinguished road

ive tried using both fontnuke and onyx for removing my font cache, yet the problem remains. Ive looked through my font library and there is no sign of the particular font.

did this work for you mel??
QUOTE Thanks
jay3349

jay3349 is on a distinguished road

I am having the same issue with Dreamweaver CS5. Like you I tried to load Babylon Hollow, Had problems with it, deleted it out of the font library. However there seems to be a ghost of it in my system because this font is appearing in Dreamweaver in some of the popup screens.
QUOTE Thanks
59_bassman

59_bassman is on a distinguished road

im having the exact same problem, cant seem to find the font at all, has anyone had any luck with this? thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
Shocwav3

Shocwav3 is on a distinguished road

Bumping the post in hopes someone has an answer. I have been grappling with this issue for a few weeks and it is causing a real problem with my development. I have tried all suggested fixes above....no change.

Thanks in advance
QUOTE Thanks
vagrantstudios

vagrantstudios is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangefinderf8 View Post
ive tried using both fontnuke and onyx for removing my font cache, yet the problem remains. Ive looked through my font library and there is no sign of the particular font.

did this work for you mel??
I'm having the exact same problem. No other solutions as of yet? Using Onyx to clear the font cache didn't work either....
QUOTE Thanks
Piraticidade

Piraticidade is on a distinguished road

I best way to fix it is access the Font Catalog panel and fix all font conflicts. Here is OK! In my Opera, Dreamweaver and others appears crazy fonts!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« OSX on external HD? | Deleting DMG files »