New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Help with packagemaker

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kmansfie

kmansfie is on a distinguished road

I'm in need of some help with packagemaker. I'm trying to install a USB driver along with an application that I have developed in Java. I'm getting errors when I install the driver using a software installer built by packagemaker. I get the following:

System extension cannot be used

"/System/Library/Extensions/ExarUSBCDCACM.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I got it to work once and thought it was a permissions problem. But rebuilt the install package with a new version of the application and it gave me the same problem. I believe the driver works as I received it from Exar and have communicated with my embedded device with it.

I'm willing to pay money for the help. If you feel like spending some time on the phone with me. I'm located in Utah and usually work late into the evening.

Thanks
kmansfie
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

Do I understand this correctly that you resolved it before by fixing permissions? Why not just package along a script to correct these permissions, should they be incorrect?

I'd start with the Exar documentation as to make sure the installation procedure is correct and what would cause this type of error ... oh and the all-time favourite - look through logs if available :-D
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Mac OS X Lion | How to install OS X on clean system (not clean install) question »