New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Operating System General OS operation information and support

Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac and Exchange 2003

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mlc9

mlc9 is on a distinguished road

I have a user in my company that just purchased a Macbook Air with Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac. Our organization has an Exchange 2003 server. According to Apple's Help on the Mac, Office 2011 only interfaces with Exchange 2007.

Can anybody please tell me if a workaround exists to make what we have work? I want the user to be able to use Outlook 2011 for Mac with our Exchange 2003 server. Can I make it work somehow going through OWA? I have read that using Apple Mail somewhat works, but I want to be able to use Outlook instead. Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You may be able to get mail to work, but I don't think address books and calendar will work at all

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
MacsWork

MacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really niceMacsWork is just really nice
Mac Specs: Performa 6116 2GBSCSI 8MB OS 7.5.3

Correct, Apple Mail, Entourage 2008 SP2 w/ EWS and Outlook 2011 will only work with Exchange 2007 and above.

Outlook Web Access can work in any browser though anything other than IE will produce reduced features.

Exchange 2003 most likely shipped with Entourage 2004 media to used with Mac clients. Check with IT to see if the Entourage 2004 CD is with the rest of the Exchange media.

The Entourage installer will require Rosetta be installed on the new Mac. Just an FYI that you will be prompted to install that before Entourage.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Time Machine Disk Full????? | Fonts »