Thread: Mac OS X Lion

Wheaton IL
    6.20 Ghz Mac Pro 32 GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5.6,MacBook 2.4 Ghz 2(soon to be 4) GB RAM Cinema display27in
    Exclamation Mac OS X Lion
    Now being an Apple geek i was all over the new OS and I've got a couple of rumors.
    First one is that Apple is going to add iOS compatibility so you basically have an iPod Touch on your Mac but it will lack some features like you cant put cracked apps on. But there is a cydia for it.

Second one is that Mac OS X Lion will use about 43% less CPU and memory usage than Snow Leopard because, most services will get paused by Lion when their not being used

2011 13" MBP 2.3ghz, 8gig ram, OS 10.8.5
    - Too many "beachballs", read this: Beachballs
    - Computer seems slower than it used to? Read this for some slow computer tips: Speedup
    - Almost full hard drive? Some solutions. Out of Space
    - Apple Battery Info. Battery

27" 3.4 Ghz i7 iMac-13" C2D Macbook-OSX 10.10.2 -64Gb iPad 2-64 Gb iPhone 6+-ATV 2-14Tb of Storage
    Not so much iOS compatibility (iOS is a branch of OSX as it is) but more of an iOS GUI...

Macbook Pro Late 2009 - 4GB Ram, 2.5 GHz, Snow Leopard
    It's also rumored that Apple will drop the "Aurora" and "Aqua" Default BG's....
    Powermac G4 2003- Tiger - 800 MHz
    iPod Touch 4G - iOS 4.2 - 8 GB
    iPod Classic 6G - 160 GB
    Keep everything computer related you own. It will be worth some money soon

Cleveland, Ohio
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by baggss View Post
    Not so much iOS compatibility (iOS is a branch of OSX as it is) but more of an iOS GUI...
    Also, considering Apple won't be have touch screen Macs, it pretty makes this a non-starter.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr » facebook » twitter » tumblr » google+ »

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Wow, second one is really a good news as I usually get my macbook pro running with 15 to 20 softwares. Now I am just wondering wether Lion could improve some basic function like Time Machine (I really don't appreciate it since it occupies too much resource when backing up and the process takes tooooo long...), Mail (My hotmail account is not available very very often, which I still cannot figure out.) and Finder (no tag, no command+x and even no memory of my recent access).

Going Galt...
    I believe the trackpad is in essence, the touch interface. I'd imagine the Magic Trackpad will be pushed more heavily for desktops. Basically, it's touch, but without having to block the view of the screen with your hand. I'll be interested to see if the App Store lets one buy apps a la carte instead of as a suite - like iTunes allows the purchase of a song instead of an album. It would be nice to pay a smaller amount for new releases of the applications I use and not for the additional cruft that I delete anyhow. Of course, I wonder which applications would EOL without being subsidized by their current bundled companions. I know I would opt to discontinue paying for iWeb or Garageband with that business model. The image seems to show iLife application done in such a way, but who knows?

Never judge a man, untill you have walked a mile in his shoes...
    That way you'll be a mile away from him, and you'll have his shoes.

Thread Information